Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Spring has Sprung! ~ An Evening At Temple Square

WOOHOOO!!! The sun and the flowers were out in all their glory yesterday and after getting several things done at the house.....you know, the exciting things like laundry and cleaning the bathrooms and putting cedar bark in our flower beds ;-).....Matthew met Evelynn and I at home after a busy day at work and we headed off to Temple Square.


Here's Evelynn all ready and excited to go! The blanket is one that Aunt Becky made for us. Evelynn actually does really well getting in the car seat. I think she realizes that the next step is to get in the Avelanche where she gets rocked/vibrated to sleep......oh, what fun!

And we made it to temple square. Here's our Peg Perego stroller that Matthew dedicatedly researched and is very proud of and with which I have fallen madly in love. It's so easy to use and once she's too big for the car seat (which can be faced either way in the stroller base) then we just pop that out and insert the stroller apparatus. Watch out world.....here we come!
Evelynn kept sleeping and waking up off and on. I've taken her a few times to the store before but this was her first time really outside for any great length of time. There were lots of new things to see and smells to smell ~ the flowers were beatiful and smelled so nice ~ The green and white polka-dot blanket is from Grandma Garner and Evelynn loves to snuggle with it at night.

Here are just some of the pretty spring flowers. My shadow is on the left and Matthew/stroller/Evelynn shadow is on the right.....proof that there was finally enough sun out to cause a shadow!

We met a really cute family of a mom and dad and four little girls. They were nice enough to take our picture so that we all three could be in one frame. We chatted for a bit and found out that they are going to go through the temple for the first time in a month. They were really excited and we were extremely happy for them. I look at this picture and am amazed again at how much my life has changed and been blessed in such a short amount of time! Have I mentioned lately that I love my Matthew and my little Evelynn!

Here I am up by the temple doors with my little girl :-)

Matthew and I took more time just simply admiring the work done on the temple by the pioneers. We stepped back and looked and looked at all the things you usually miss, like the "big dipper" on the west face of the temple and we marveled over and over at the amazing talent and love that went into cutting each piece of granite. Truly a masterpiece!

My attempt at architectual photography ;-)

Matt and I have talked about going back to Washington D.C. to see the historical sites and we were bemoaning the fact that we were too late to see the famous cherry blossoms there, but here we have our own blossoms to enjoy!
We had a great time walking around temple square and then when our stomaches started grumbling we finished the night with a relaxed and peaceful dinner in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building in the Garden Restaurant where the roof was open to the spring air. Evelynn did pretty well although she hadn't really had a full sleep because all the new things to take in, but we were excited that there was no screaming or fussing and Matthew and I took turns holding her and eating and feeding her the bottle. We even dipped her binki in a SMALL amount of Matt's ranch dressing to see how she would respond. Her eyebrows did a little dance when the dressing first hit her tongue but we think she'll take after her Daddy and think that ANYTHING is better with Ranch Dressing on it! lol :-)
By the end of the night all three of us were pretty tuckered out and happy to come home ~ a very nice evening indeed!

1 comment:

  1. You are such a beautiful Momma and what a pleasant trip...I miss being closer to such sites.

    ReplyDelete