Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Sunday

GOOD MORNING little one!!!! Evelynn LOVES to hear that in the morning! Actually....I think it's just because she knows breakfast is just moments away when she hears that :-)

The "sleeping through the night" milestone has been reached ~ WOOOOOHOOOO!!! She has slept a full eight hours for the past four nights and her mommy and daddy have never felt so good! I do have to say I am amazed at how quickly she adjusts, learns and is growing....but then I always knew she would be brilliant :-) and Matthew is getting more and more convinced that she really is a "hybrid" even if we DO have to change diapers! He tells me he's working on the "technical adjustments" for our next one so that we won't have to change diapers in the future ~ lol.

Like the picture below demonstrates....she is absolutely irresistible and both Matthew and I can't believe she turned out so darling. We certainly hoped for a cute little one but had no idea she would come out so perfectly and we can't believe that she's six weeks old today ~ didn't we just get married! It's funny how time shifts so crazily. I feel like I've known Matthew all my life and yet we've only been married for 10 months and only known each other for 16 months....and then there's Evelynn.....it feels like she's been a part of our lives forever and she's only been here for such a short time.


Here is a picture of Matthew and Evelynn right after church. Evelynn looks a little "zoned out" since her belly is full, she's had her "awake time" and is ready for a nap. She's wearing a cute pink hand embroidered dress from Grandma and Grandpa Blackburn and a little hair-bow from her Aunt Jenny!
Evelynn did really well at church. I'm in the Primary Presidency and the other Counselor and the President both have babies as well (Evelynn 6 wks old, Anna 2 months old, and McKenzie 6 months old) and so we played "musical chairs" with our babies as Kim taught Sharing Time, I played the piano for opening exercises and singing time and Rebecca kept primary kids in order. It's almost like a three ring circus keeping all the babies as well as the primary kids reverant and happy and we were all amazed the spirit was still able to be there....but it was there, probably right along with some unseen angels helping out...and we were able to feel the beauty of the resurrection of Christ.
In this picture Evelynn is getting ready to sneeze ~ she likes sneezing!
Matthew had a lot of fun showing Evelynn off after Sacrament Meeting and she did really well being bounced on her Daddy's knee and didn't even make a squeek the whole time! We were really excited about that and hope it continues for future Sabbath days ~
Matthew surprised me with a beautifully put together (all by himself) Easter Basket with a pear theme....two real pears, pear sparkling cider, pear body spritz, body butter and bath/shower gel, gerber daisies, black licquerice, hershey kisses, and other chocolates....YUM! He even got Evelynn her first Easter card with a little bunny dressed in an easter dress and hat on the front and the inside that read "Easter's extra fun this year and you're the reason, Honey, ' Cause bet nobody ever saw a cuter 'Easter Bunny'!"

3 comments:

  1. I love this post, Bliss! Good job on the Easter Basket, Matt. I can't wait until Jeff gets home so I can show him! He'll love it :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an Easter Basket, I'm impressed. You look beautiful Bliss holding Evelynn on Easter and she simply darling. Happy Easter from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, Evelynn is so cute. I love her and want her for my very own. Come see us soon, we miss you.

    ReplyDelete