Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Easter Time! Keeping up traditions

Seriously now! Can she get any cuter?!?!?! Here she is at one month old ~ her cheeks are getting a little chubbier and she's starting to smile and coo a lot more in response to smiles and tickles from her mommy and daddy :-)


All right! It's time I got back to this blog :-) Time seriously flies by! The weather here seems to be a bit confused as to what makes Spring.......well, Spring ~ It's been snowing almost every other day and I am about ready to climb the walls of this house and can't wait to get outside. I get all excited when a ray of sunshine peeks through the clouds but then the grey clouds roll on in and I duck back inside the house (along with the potted flowers I keep bringing back inside the house) when the wind and snow blow in.


Today I am crossing my fingers that the sun is here to stay for the day and Matthew and I hope to be strolling around temple square tonight after he gets back home from work, enjoying the weather, sun and flowers.


This past weekend was Conference weekend and in anticipation of the upcoming Easter weekend, and wanting a project to work on while listening to Conference, I began our very first Blackburn Easter Tree. Mom Garner always had an easter tree in our home while I was growing up (she fell in love with the one her first grade teacher had at school back when she was a little girl) and I always looked forward each year to seeing it on the kitchen table. It's so fun now to be able to start the tradition in my own little family. Matthew was a bit skeptical when I tried to describe what the "Easter Tree" was but by the time it was finished he liked it just as much as I do.


First, here are a couple of pictures of Evelynn.....




I feel a smile coming on......now if I could just get the other side of my mouth to cooperate!

Whew....what a work out smiling is! Maybe I'll just stare off into the distance, looking intelligent as I ponder the deep things of the universe instead :-)


Here's Matthew helping dye the eggs for our Easter tree......


Matthew didn't mind having the Easter Tree making project interrupted by Evelynn waking up and wanting to be held......He's such a good Daddy!

Here's Daddy feeding our very own colorful Easter Egg :-)



Happy with a full tummy.....and ready for a nap!

~It's so fun dressing her up in cute outfits~



Evelynn's not quite sure what we want her to do.....I think she's a little nervous about possibly being hung on the tree with the other "Easter Eggs"! Nope, I think we'll keep her where we can cuddle her instead :-) After we comb down her hair again. Her hair has an agenda all its own!


Our finished Easter Tree......and the tradition lives on!

Even though we couldn't use real pussy willow branches like we did back in Idaho, the fake ones work almost just as well.


Each egg is made into a little nest with miniature eggs and birds inside.....awwwww, the memories come back of being a little girl and loving the colors and feel of Easter!

2 comments:

  1. Bliss -
    What a beautiful tree! I didn't know that you had one growing up, thanks for sharing the family history for the in-law. You certainly did a great job, and all with a newborn baby experiencing her first cold. Amazing. I love keeping up/reading about your lives, thanks for sharing. Of course Evelynn is simply darling and keep posting pictures of her for us to enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Evelynn is literally a doll...in some of those shots she looks just like the ideal dolly on the toy shelf :)...and your tree is lovely...I remember Mom's well and your reproduction is to be envied.

    ReplyDelete