Matthew Neil
Bliss Garner
&
Evelynn Rebecca
For her blessing day, Evelynn had been doing fabulously until the moment Sacrament meeting began. That's when she decided to cry unconsolably. I had crocheted a special blanket for her blessing day but her dress was so silky and slick that I couldn't keep her wrapped up like she likes to be. I decided to us the darling blanket Becky had made for us that gripped a little better and could keep her snuggled and content through the blessing even though that meant that no one would see her pretty blessing dress or the blanket I had made for her. I had taken her outside where she was crying like crazy and wrapped her up quickly and said a quick and desperate prayer to Heavenly Father that she would be content at least during her blessing. She immediately stopped crying and I was able to get back to the Sacrament room just as they were calling Matthew up to give her a blessing. Yes, Heavenly Father answers even the smallest and seemingly unimportant prayers of a slightly frazzeled momma. I handed her over to Matthew and I was so proud of him as he stood with his first-born giving her a name and a blessing. Jeff and Derrick as well as Grandpa Garner and Grandpa Blackburn were there in the circle. Family really is the best part of life.
I LOVE her hair. I think its so adorable. She is getting so big. You need to bring her into work when she's not sleeping so I can hold her.
ReplyDeleteEvelynn looks so beautiful. I love her dress!
ReplyDelete