Sunday morning dawned with little Evelynn waking up with a crazy hair-do! I just about died laughing when I got her out of her crib ~ lol. She's such a cutie!

I had her fed and stripped down fairly quickly to give her a bath and get her ready for her big day.

Here is "naked girl". She loves having no clothes on!

Here is Evelynn crying like mad because we dared get her wet during her bath time. Actually, she likes being in the water....it's just when she gets out of the water and gets a little chilly (no matter how much we wrap her up in towels) and she certainly knows how to use her lungs in letting us know that she is less than pleased with what's going on at the moment.

Here's our "first" family picture. The day had gone fairly smoothly. I had to do sharing time in Primary and would have also had to play the piano for singing time, except that Ann was fabulous enough to offer to play the piano and Mom and Jenny watched Evelynn so my Sunday Services ran a lot smoother than I had expected they would. Matt and Dad had made the salad and gotten the bread buttered and salted for toasting before church and so things seemed well in hand before we got to church. It wasn't until the middle of Sacrament meeting that Matthew leaned over and asked me if I had put the lasagna in the oven with a timed start. Woooops! I had been so busy getting my lessons finished and Evelynn ready that I had completely spaced getting the timer set for the lasagna and actually moving the lasagna from the freezer into the oven....... So......instead of having lasagna for our family meal after church we got home and hustled together noodles, spaghetti sauce and meatballs. Everyone was lovely at helping get it all put together. Becky and Derrick and their family helped finish the salad and put up a table and chairs in the guest house while Mom, Dad and Ann put the noodles on to boil and the spaghetti sauce in pans to heat up. Matthew cooked the meatballs and everyone ran plates, plastic-ware, cups, pies, dishes, etc. from our house over to the guest house. We had made Matthew's signature pudding pies the night before for dessert and it wasn't too long before we were all enjoying each others company and a belly full of noodles.

Grandma and Granpa Blackburn with Evelynn

Zack, Becky and Derrick

Ann being a goof and barely letting me get a picture ;-)

Ann and Jenny

Grandma and Grandpa Garner ~ Thank you mom and dad for doing so much to help make things run smoothly even with my "air-headedness" and making sure everything was neat and clean when we left. I love you and am so grateful you were there with your love and support!
No comments:
Post a Comment