
This is my handsome hubby and me ~ in a week we'll have been married for a year and with all the fast and busy life we've had and the big changes we've experienced in just a year there are still those wonderfully quiet moments in between it all where I re-realize what a wonderful man I married and how much I love him. My heart is his forever!

The other day I was feeling a little cabin fever so I took Evelynn out for her first ride in the stroller instead of her car-seat acting as a stroller. She wasn't too impressed with the stroller, but you can see that she thinks her hand is absolutely fascinating :-)

And we're ready to go! She's looking at me like "Come on Momma, what are you messing around with the camera for. We've got places to go and people to see!"

Here is a beautiful picture of Evelynn with Grandma Blackburn. For the 4th of July Matthew and I had invited both our families over since Mom and Dad Garner were passing through on their way to spend time with Katie and Gil's family in Las Vegas where they would watch the kids while Katie and Gil looked for a new home. So both sets of Grandparents and Aunt Ann, and Becky, Derrick and their kids came for a BBQ at our place. Everyone brought lots of good food and we had a great time together.

Here's Dad talking to Ann and Mom about his onion seed harvester. Dad and Mom had a great trip up to Oregon where they delivered the harvester Dad invented and is now producing for farmers. It's great to see the positive response he has had for all the time and energy they have put into this venture.

After dinner the kids played in the pool while the rest of us stayed inside chit-chatting.

Grandma and Grandpa Blackburn with Evelynn

Derrick has the magic touch when it comes to Evelynn. Here she's enjoying a little cuddle and nap with Uncle Derrick and having a rest from all the activity going on around her.

A great picture of Aunt Becky and Celeste

Hannah is enjoying some Grandma and Grandpa time after her 4th of July swim

Celeste enjoying being snuggled close to Becky while enjoying a Fairy pop-up book

Derrick keeping Evelynn warm and happy :-) Becky and Derrick's three boys, Zackery, Andrew and Matthew were upstairs playing Xbox games and we could hear random shouts of jubilation and victory calls as we talked downstairs.
It was a really nice evening. Matthew and I were sure glad everyone came over and we look forward to getting together again next weekend for Grandma Blackburn's birthday and our 1st anniversary.
After everyone left for the night Mom and Dad Garner stayed home with Evelynn while Matthew and I were able to get out and spend some good together time at the movies. We had tried previously to go to the movies with Evelynn, but Matt and I would never be able to sit together. I would end up in the aisle rocking Evelynn after she would get scared from the loud sounds from the screen, or feeding/diapering her so it was nice to be able to sit next to my Sweetie and have no interruptions and snuggle. It's amazing how much energy it takes to be parents and while we wouldn't change it for the world, it has definitely helped us better appreciate the "alone" moments we can have together.
We're so grateful for all the love and support from both of our families and we are enjoying the family we're growing together.
It was so fun to talk with you on the phone. I hope you have a wonderful camping trip together. Great picture of the two of you as well! Evelynn continues to be as cute as can be. I love how much you two care for her and take time to spend with her playing and enjoying her, it's time you'll never regret.
ReplyDeleteEvelynn is growing so fast. She always looks so happy. What fun pics.
ReplyDelete