I would just like to announce to one and all that Matthew Neil Blackburn has officially, and SUCCESSFULLY, changed his first diaper and both father and daughter brilliantly survived the experience. I think Matthew is still trying to convince himself that our daughter is a hybrid and doesn't need changing.....sadly this experience was the beginning of the end of that dream! (Since I've changed all the other diapers I think he was still in la-la land about the realities when dealing with gastrointestinal inevitablities that occur. What goes in.....must come out!)
Regretfully there is not a picture documenting this momentous occasion since momma was attending the Draper Temple dedication when this phenomenon occurred. (Matthew had thoughtfully gotten a recommend for me since I hadn't been at church for the past two weeks to get one and decided that since he got to go to church than I should at least be able to go to the dedication so he stayed home with Evelynn).
I will definitely get a picture the next time Daddy ventures into the diaper zone :-) Yeah for Daddy!
By the way, I really am going to catch up on this last year's events so expect more pictures and documentation.....it just might take me a little bit.....so keep checking the blog!
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love the diaper story, I still remember the first one Elijah changed. It was at the hospital and they made us use water and a bowl instead of wipes which makes it all seem so confusing. He's such a great help now, it's been wonderful having such a fun person to have a family with. I'm sure you and Mathew are going to have a wonderful time together, diapers and all.
ReplyDelete