
This is Matthew and I just before I got the wonderful epidural. I'm looking fabulous....but keep in mind that I hadn't slept the night before and had just experienced over 12 hours of lovely contractions. Even though this was our first baby we felt pretty calm about everything. I think it made a huge difference to have a very kind and competent nurse. Matthew commented later on just how smoothly things went. I think he was expecting some screaming or lots of moaning like the movies show. Granted I was breathing heavy during the contractions and I had shed some silent tears while on the way to the hospital because of the pain but when it came to actually pushing Evelynn out I was working so hard on pushing that I didn't make a sound.....and of course there was that wonderful anesthesiologist who provided the perfect epidural :-)

This is little Evelynn literally just a moment after she was born. It was the most amazing experience to have her next to my skin. The moment can't be described as anything other than sacred. This beautiful little girl was being entrusted into Matthew's and my care. It was overwhelming, powerful, and heavenly sweet to know that she was ours and really here.
Her journey back to her Heavenly Father has just begun and we get to help her along the way and in turn she'll help us get there too.

This poor little girl is wondering what happened to her warm cozy world. What a rude awakening! But we're SO excited to have you here ~
Born: 02 March 2009
Weight: 7 lb. 11 oz
Length: 20.9 in
.....and look at how much hair I have!
Lovely stuff...warms my heart :)...keep it coming!
ReplyDeleteShe is so sweet. What a cute little family you have. Man, your life has changed so fast. Seeing these pics makes me excited to have a kid, and not so scared.
ReplyDelete